I often get asked what colour schemes I’m using, stuff for videos, workshops, slides and so forth. So this is essentially a quick write up on that stuff.
Editor / Terminal
I don’t have a typical engineering job as such as I build courses and projects for teaching people Angular, therefore my workflow isn’t as likely refined as someone who’s heads down engineering full-time. However, prior to going solo on Ultimate Angular, I was a full-time engineer for around 6-7 years and used a similar workflow/setup:
- I use VSCode’s integrated terminal over iTerm now.
- For Git stuff I use SourceTree because I suck at command-line Git :)
That’s about it, I’m all for keeping it simple.
- Spectacle Boilerplate to create all my slides in React/JSX
- Alongside Spectacle Boilerplate I run Spectacle Codeslide for interactive code walkthroughs
Desk and computer
- Desk: VariDesk Standing Desk standing desk (huge workflow/comfort changer)
- Chair: Humanscale Freedom
- Laptops/Desktops: MacBook Pro 15” touchbar (primary machine), MacBook Pro 15” retina x2, MacBook 12”, iMac 27” (I use only one MacBook with an external monitor)
- Monitor: 34” curved LG 21:9 ultrawide (this has completely changed my working style, 100% recommend)
- Apple Time Capsule for backups
- Sound system: Bose 50
- Spotify is my life long companion in getting stuff done :)
- Slack for procrastinating my life away ;)
That’s my entire setup! I keep it simple and easy.